Subject: How to make the website use a translated po file ?

From: "Adrian Maier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 23:31:06 +0300

Hello ,

I have copied the translated portal.mo to the portal/intl/ro_RO/LC_MESSAGES
directory. And I have set the preferred language to "Romanian" in the web
browser.
What else needs to be done so that the menus get displayed using the
translated texts ?

I have read the recent thread started by Guillame Lelarge who had trouble
with the same issue .  But it's still unclear what needs to be done to
"activate" a translated po  .

Cheers,
Adrian Maier

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 00:25:49 +0200

Hi Adrian,

> What else needs to be done so that the menus get displayed using the

You need to make sure that Romanian is the language required by your 
browser. If you use Firefox, here is what I did. On the location bar, 
type "about:config". In the filter, type "accept_lang". Double click on 
the value of "intl.accept_languages" and add at the beginning "ro,". 
Click OK. Reload your local page.

Regards.

-- 
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/
      http://lfs.traduc.org/
      http://docs.postgresqlfr.org/ -->

---

From: "Adrian Maier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 08:40:25 +0300

> Click OK. Reload your local page.

I have done that, except that i've changed the languages from
Tools->Options->Advanced->Languages .

The page contents is displayed according to the first language that
appears in browser's list  ,  but the navigation menus are still displayed
in English.

The same problem happens when setting the language to French
( i've unpacked Guillaume's frenchwebsite2.tar.bz2 on my copy of the
pgsql site ).

Guillaume, do you happen have a minute to see with your browser settings
whether the menus are displayed corectly in French on my server
http://pgsql.newsoftcontrol.ro  ?
This would help with finding out where is the problem : on the server or in my
browser .

Also,  are you using Firefox translated in French , or do you have the locale
set to French?   On my client machine everything is in English , but this
shouldn't matter ...

Cheers,
Adrian Maier

---

From: "Adrian Maier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 14:21:53 +0300

> set to French?   On my client machine everything is in English , but this

I have found a solution: the directory where i put the French  portal.mo
has to be intl/fr    ,  not  intl/fr_FR   .

Similarly,  the Romanian translation works if i put it in
portal/intl/ro/LC_MESSAGES .

Cheers,
Adrian Maier

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 14:37:51 +0200

> portal/intl/ro/LC_MESSAGES .

Sorry, I forgot to reply to your previous mail. Did you tweak 
system/global/languages.php ? because I added an alias for fr_FR in the 
$GLOBALS['_LANGUAGE_ALIASES'] array. Here is the new declaration :

$GLOBALS['_LANGUAGE_ALIASES'] = array(
     'br' => 'pt_BR',
     'en' => 'en_US',
     'fr' => 'fr_FR',
     'ru' => 'ru_RU',
     'tr' => 'tr_TR'
);

With romanian, it will be like this one :

$GLOBALS['_LANGUAGE_ALIASES'] = array(
     'br' => 'pt_BR',
     'en' => 'en_US',
     'fr' => 'fr_FR',
     'ro' => 'ro_RO',
     'ru' => 'ru_RU',
     'tr' => 'tr_TR'
);

This way, you'll be able to use the ro_RO directory.

Regards.

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 15:16:24 +0200

Adrian Maier a écrit :
> On 5/7/07, Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
> I hadn't added the aliases for 'fr' and 'ro' .  This explains why
> it wasn't working for me.
> 
> 
> Thanks Guillaume !
> 

You're welcome :)