Subject: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit registration now open

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:33:03 -0800

Ten years ago, on July 8th, 1996, the PostgreSQL project went on the Internet 
via a small web server in Toronto.   To commemorate that event -- as well as 
offer a chance for many members of our community to meet for the first time, 
in person -- we will be having a small conference from July 8 to 9 in 
Toronto, Canada (http://conference.postgresql.org).

This 2-day event will feature numerous presentations and community sessions to 
let community members share their knowledge.   Many major contributors to 
PostgreSQL will be there, and most of them will be speaking or leading coding 
sessions:  Tom Lane, Bruce Momjian, Tatsuo Ishii, Gavin Sherry, Neil Conway 
and more.  At the event we will also discuss and coordinate community 
advocacy and fundraising efforts.

If you are an active member of the PostgreSQL community ... invidividual or 
corporate ... you should register now: 
http://conference.postgresql.org/Registration

The PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit is sponsored by Afilias, EnterpriseDB, 
GreenPlum, Pervasive, Sun Microsystems and others 
(http://conference.postgresql.org/Sponsors)

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:31:21 -0500

I think we ought to replace the 8.1 released announcement on the main page 
with a call for anniversary registration. Thoughts? 

On Monday 27 March 2006 00:33, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Ten years ago, on July 8th, 1996, the PostgreSQL project went on the
> Internet via a small web server in Toronto.   To commemorate that event --
> as well as offer a chance for many members of our community to meet for the
> first time, in person -- we will be having a small conference from July 8
> to 9 in Toronto, Canada (http://conference.postgresql.org).
>
> This 2-day event will feature numerous presentations and community sessions
> to let community members share their knowledge.   Many major contributors
> to PostgreSQL will be there, and most of them will be speaking or leading
> coding sessions:  Tom Lane, Bruce Momjian, Tatsuo Ishii, Gavin Sherry, Neil
> Conway and more.  At the event we will also discuss and coordinate
> community advocacy and fundraising efforts.
>
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
>        choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
>        match

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: "Jim C. Nasby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:16:49 -0600

> with a call for anniversary registration. Thoughts? 

+1
-- 
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      [email-masked]
Pervasive Software      http://pervasive.com    work: 512-231-6117
vcard: http://jim.nasby.net/pervasive.vcf       cell: 512-569-9461

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:58:22 -0800

Robert,

> with a call for anniversary registration. Thoughts? 

Only if you can make it clear that the Anniversary is a "hacker's 
Summit" and not a general-purpose conference.  Out upper limit for 
registration is 100 people.

--Josh

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:32:11 -0500

On Monday 27 March 2006 13:58, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > I think we ought to replace the 8.1 released announcement on the main
> > page with a call for anniversary registration. Thoughts?
>

I didn't realize that we had such a small limit... in that case I suppose we 
could hold off for a bit and see how things go?  Hmm... maybe I better go 
register.