Subject: [Pljava-dev] Pljava with postgres 9.3

From: rickjackson001 at gmail.com (akshunj)
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 12:57:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Is Maven the only way to build pljava for postgres 9.3 on a Linux system? 

Thanks

--
View this message in context: http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Pljava-with-postgres-9-3-tp5804745.html
Sent from the PL/Java mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---

From: achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com (Achilleas Mantzios)
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 08:42:04 +0300

> Is Maven the only way to build pljava for postgres 9.3 on a Linux system?
I recently built pljava for postgres 9.3.4 on a FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE and the gmake method
did not seem to work, I had to use maven. With some tricks and the help of a colleague who knows
maven, I managed to install it with no major problems.

The pg_upgrade worked like a charm BTW!

> _______________________________________________
> Pljava-dev mailing list
> Pljava-dev at lists.pgfoundry.org
> http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev

-- 
Achilleas Mantzios
Head of IT DEV
IT DEPT
Dynacom Tankers Mgmt

---

From: rickjackson001 at gmail.com (akshunj)
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 06:20:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Achilleas,

Thanks, this is good news. I'm off to learn how to use Maven. 

--
View this message in context: http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Pljava-with-postgres-9-3-tp5804745p5804791.html
Sent from the PL/Java mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---

From: rickjackson001 at gmail.com (akshunj)
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 16:22:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

So after a quick crash course I was able to get Maven up and running on
CentOS 6.5 with pg93 and clone the pljava repo from git. After settings up
the env variables and getting the nar plugin, I get a build successful
message, but I can't seem to find the usual pljava files anywhere. :/
(pljava.so/deploy.jar etc)

During the build process I get see some warnings and errors below, but it
seems everything compiles:

[ERROR] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c: In function
?arraySetNull?:
[WARNING] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c:21: warning:
conversion to ?bits8? from ?int? may alter its value
[WARNING] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c:23: warning:
conversion to ?bits8? from ?int? may alter its value
[ERROR] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c: In function
?createArrayType?:
[WARNING] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c:38: warning:
conversion to ?size_t? from ?jsize? may change the sign of the result
[WARNING] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c:38: warning:
conversion to ?int? from ?size_t? may alter its value
[WARNING] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c:50: warning:
conversion to ?long unsigned int? from ?int? may change the sign of the
result
[WARNING] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c:50: warning:
conversion to ?int? from ?long int? may alter its value
[WARNING] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c:56: warning:
conversion to ?int? from ?long int? may alter its value
[WARNING] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c:58: warning:
conversion to ?Size? from ?int? may change the sign of the result
[WARNING] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c:71: warning:
conversion to ?long unsigned int? from ?int? may change the sign of the
result
[ERROR] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c: In function
?_Array_coerceDatum?:
[WARNING] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c:86: warning:
conversion to ?long unsigned int? from ?int? may change the sign of the
result
[WARNING] /root/.git/pljava/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Array.c:88: warning:
conversion to ?long unsigned int? from ?int? may change the sign of the
result
maven-log.txt
<http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n5806906/maven-log.txt>  
[INFO] 51 files were compiled.

[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] PostgreSQL pl/java ................................ SUCCESS [0.183s]
[INFO] PL/JAVA API ....................................... SUCCESS [2.565s]
[INFO] pl/java implementation ............................ SUCCESS [2.693s]
[INFO] pl/java deploy .................................... SUCCESS [0.495s]
[INFO] pl/java Ant Tasks ................................. SUCCESS [0.372s]
[INFO] pl/java examples .................................. SUCCESS [0.626s]
[INFO] pl/java server side library ....................... SUCCESS [16.245s]
[INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 24.477s

I tried drilling down into the directories and running ant manually, but
that didn't work either. I'm stumped and would appreciate any help you can
offer. 

Thanks.

--
View this message in context: http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Pljava-with-postgres-9-3-tp5804745p5806906.html
Sent from the PL/Java mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---

From: rickjackson001 at gmail.com (akshunj)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 22:33:41 -0700 (PDT)

Just to update,

I gave up on trying to sort out the errors in the build process listed
above. I was able to create the sqlj schema and run a "smoke test" on
pljava, which worked. 

If anyone cares to sort out the errors I encountered during the build
process, I'd love to hear from you.

--
View this message in context: http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Pljava-with-postgres-9-3-tp5804745p5807154.html
Sent from the PL/Java mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---

From: sumariva at gmail.com (Cristiano Sumariva)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 08:47:48 -0300

What about the ResultSetProvider interface?
My backend process is crashing when I invoke a class with this interface.
It is also true that this class launches some paralell threads.

2014-06-13 2:33 GMT-03:00 akshunj <rickjackson001 at gmail.com>:

> View this message in context:
> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Pljava-with-postgres-9-3-tp5804745p5807154.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pljava-dev/attachments/20140613/bed60bd3/attachment.html>

---

From: rickjackson001 at gmail.com (akshunj)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:53:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Cristiano,

Do you have a smoke test I can implement quickly to test out the
ResultSetProvider? I'm a network engineer by trade, so my coding skills
aren't the greatest. If it's something I can cut, paste and run easily, I'll
give it a try and post back the results for you.

Otherwise my experience installing our application was much the same as if I
were working with pg92 or pg93. I usually smoke test pljava with a function
posted by Johann M. on this forum, which is enough to know that I can get
through my installation and start using my application. 

--
View this message in context: http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Pljava-with-postgres-9-3-tp5804745p5807258.html
Sent from the PL/Java mailing list archive at Nabble.com.