Subject: [Pljava-dev] PL/Java and Java 1.6

From: francisco.morosini at gmail.com (Francisco Javier Morosini Eguren)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 17:17:01 -0500

Best regards, i read about problems with PL/Java and Java 6.0, i used java
1.5, is a myth? or really exist issues wih 6.0?

With Best Regards

Francisco Morosini
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pljava-dev/attachments/20080606/bf939c82/attachment.html>

---

From: books at ejurka.com (Kris Jurka)
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:19:50 -0600

Francisco Javier Morosini Eguren wrote:
> Best regards, i read about problems with PL/Java and Java 6.0, i used 
> java 1.5, is a myth? or really exist issues wih 6.0?
> 

pljava does not support the JDBC4 API so you can't build it with Java 6. 
   If you build pljava with the 1.4 or 1.5 JDK it runs just fine under 
Java 6 as long as you don't use any of the JDBC4 methods.

Kris Jurka