Subject: [Pljava-dev] Pl/Java Installation Help Needed

From: kooifeispam at hotmail.com (kooifei)
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:26:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I carried out the following steps for PL/Java installation for my Postgresql
8.3.5 but still could not complete the installation.
1) Download pljava-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-pg8.1-1.4.0.tar.gz from
pgfoundry.org
2) Unpack the PL/java tarball into "/home/sadm/pljava"
3) Moved the call handler into cluster using:
$ mv pljava.so /usrlocal/pgsql/lib
$ mv pljava.jar /usrlocal/pgsql/lib
4) Edit the postgresql.conf in my $PGDATA file (add the following entries):
custom_variable_classes ='pljava'
pljava.classpath = '/usrlocal/pgsql/lib/pljava.jar'
5) Start the postmaster
6) Install using: /pljava$ java -cp
deploy.jar:/home/sadm/postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc
3.jar org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer -install -user sadm -database
mydb -
password 8clfibp2

Error message: 
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not load library
"/usrlocal/pgsql/lib/pljava.so": ld.so.1: postgres: fatal:
/usrlocal/pgsql/lib/pljava.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1608)
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1343)
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:194)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:451)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:336)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:328)
        at
org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.initJavaHandlers(Deployer.java:474)
        at org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.main(Deployer.java:269)

Can someone please help troubleshoot?

Thanks!
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Pl-Java-Installation-Help-Needed-tp21906163p21906163.html
Sent from the PL/Java mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---

From: books at ejurka.com (Kris Jurka)
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 20:34:30 -0800

> /usrlocal/pgsql/lib/pljava.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Are you sure you've got a 64bit postgresql build?

Kris Jurka

---

From: Edwin.Ramirez at mssm.edu (Edwin Ramirez)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:05:23 -0500

It may just be typo in email but shouldn't the path be: 
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pljava.so instead of "/usrlocal/pgsql/lib/pljava.so"

-esr-

Kris Jurka wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Pljava-dev mailing list
> Pljava-dev at pgfoundry.org
> http://pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev

-- 
Edwin S. Ramirez, Senior Developer
Information Technology Department - ITDC
Mount Sinai Medical Center
edwin.ramirez at mssm.edu * 646-217-3112
Fax: 212-356-0085