Subject: [Pljava-dev] pljava install problems

From: john.d.west at asu.edu (John D. West)
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 13:21:44 -0700

Hi.  I'm having difficulty installing and running pljava 1.4 on Ubuntu 10.04
64-bit.  I'm running Postgresql 8.4.3, and have installed jre1.6.0_20 i586.

When I try to install pljava to a database by running the install.sql
script, I get the following:  ERROR:  could not load library
"/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/lib/pljava.so":
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/lib/pljava.so: undefined symbol: Int64GetDatum

My LD_LIBRARY_PATH is /usr/share/java/jre1.6.0_20/lib/amd64/server
/usr/share/java/jre1.6.0_20/lib/amd64/native_threads
/usr/share/java/jre1.6.0_20/lib/amd64

Any ideas on what I can try to fix this?

Thanks very much!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pljava-dev/attachments/20100506/df702070/attachment.html>

---

From: pierce at hogranch.com (John R Pierce)
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 22:24:59 -0700

John D. West wrote:
> Hi.  I'm having difficulty installing and running pljava 1.4 on Ubuntu 
> 10.04 64-bit.  I'm running Postgresql 8.4.3, and have installed 
> jre1.6.0_20 i586.
>

I got that error on a different environment* when I had issues with 
compilation, where I was compiling a 64bit pl/java but mistakenly using 
32bit postgresql include files.

* solaris 10 for sparc using the SunStudio C compiler.

---

From: john.d.west at asu.edu (John D. West)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:17:28 -0700

Turns out that (a) pl/java only works with jdk 1.5 (not 1.6, which I was
using) and only works with postgres 8.4 if one downloads the source from CVS
and compiles locally.  Works now.

Thanks for your help!

    -- John

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 10:24 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

>> 10.04 64-bit.  I'm running Postgresql 8.4.3, and have installed jre1.6.0_20
>> i586.
>>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pljava-dev/attachments/20100512/d03e24d6/attachment.html>