Subject: [Pljava-dev] problem deploying pljava

From: fluca1978 at infinito.it (Luca Ferrari)
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 16:20:02 +0200

Hi all,
this is the system that I'm using:

Linux fluca-laptop 2.6.31-19-generic #56-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 28 02:39:34 UTC 
2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

select version();
                                                   version                                                   
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 PostgreSQL 8.4.3 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc-4.4.real (Ubuntu 
4.4.1-4ubuntu9) 4.4.1, 64-bit
(1 row)

I've downloaded the pljava1.4 64 bit version, I've uncompressed and checked 
that the pljava.so library is ready to work:

$ ldd pljava.so 
        linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007fff180bf000)
        libjvm.so => /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-
sun-1.6.0.20/jre/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so (0x00007f0b46a34000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007f0b466c5000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x00007f0b46440000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f0b4623c000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f0b46020000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f0b47707000)

Since I'm using the java vm provided by my Ubuntu distro, I've placed the 
following lines in the ld.conf.so:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre/lib/amd64/server/
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre/lib/amd64/native_threads/

and restarted the postmaster. 
Now I believe I've configured everything, but when I try to run the deploy 
program I get an PSQLException that pljava.so cannot be loaded:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not load library 
"/sviluppo/java/pljava/pljava.so": /sviluppo/java/pljava/pljava.so: undefined 
symbol: global_timezone
        at 
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1592)
        at 
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1327)
        at 
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:192)
        at 
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:451)
        at 
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:336)
        at 
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:328)
        at 
org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.initJavaHandlers(Deployer.java:474)
        at org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.main(Deployer.java:269)

and in the server logs I found the following that is the same error:

ERROR:  could not load library "/sviluppo/java/pljava/pljava.so": 
/sviluppo/java/pljava/pljava.so: undefined symbol: global_timezone

Any idea about how to configure pljava on the system?

Thanks,
Luca

---

From: books at ejurka.com (Kris Jurka)
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 16:30:55 -0700

On 5/31/2010 7:20 AM, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> I've downloaded the pljava1.4 64 bit version
>

The pljava binaries need to be built for specific postgresql versions, 
so you've downloaded a version for something other than 8.4 because the 
1.4 release doesn't work with the 8.4 version.  To get a pljava that 
works for 8.4 you need to build it yourself from CVS.

Kris Jurka

---

From: chnvvr at gmail.com (Raghavendra chilakapati)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 08:58:07 +0530

Hi all,

   I think u've already installed the postgresql previous version.so that's
postgres instance is removed
from registry.

Thanks and regards

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978 at infinito.it> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Pljava-dev mailing list
> Pljava-dev at pgfoundry.org
> http://pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev
>

-- 
Chnvv Raghavendra
Mobile:9908898985
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pljava-dev/attachments/20100601/e43c4512/attachment.html>