Subject: [Pljava-dev] How to obtain already built binaries

From: José Carlos Martínez Llario <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 15:54:32 +0100

Hi List,
I am really glad to see that this project is still alive and lately its 
many active.

Thanks a lot for all the people who is working on it.

I am the main developer  of Jaspa (Spatial Database in PostgreSQL using 
PLJava) and I have already had the same problem about the lack of PLJava 
binaries. Long time ago, I could get the dll and so binaries for 
different version of PostgreSQL and for Linux ans MS Windows, but from 
several years ago one have to build the system and even its necessary to 
use Visual Studio  Software in MS Windows.

I am sure many people already build PL JAva for different versions of 
PostgreSQL and SO.

Finally my asking: Why you guys dont upload these binaries and then the 
rest of the people could use PLJava without this big effort that avoids 
many people to test it?

Thanks a lot
José

-- 
------------------------------
José Carlos Martínez Llario
http://cartosig.upv.es

Producción Cartográfica y SIG.
Dpto. Ingeniería Cartográfica.
Univ. Politécnica de Valencia.
------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Pljava-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev

---

From: John R Pierce <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 11:19:23 -0800

On 2/3/2016 6:54 AM, José Carlos Martínez Llario wrote:
> I am really glad to see that this project is still alive and lately 
> its many active.
>
> I am the main developer  of Jaspa (Spatial Database in PostgreSQL 
> using PLJava) and I have already had the same problem about the lack 
> of PLJava binaries. Long time ago, I could get the dll and so binaries 
> for different version of PostgreSQL and for Linux ans MS Windows, but 
> from several years ago one have to build the system and even its 
> necessary to use Visual Studio  Software in MS Windows.
>
> Finally my asking: Why you guys dont upload these binaries and then 
> the rest of the people could use PLJava without this big effort that 
> avoids many people to test it? 

Devrim, the guy who builds the yum,postgresql.org RPM's for 
redhat/centos/fedora/etc, has said that as soon as there's a 1.5.0 
release, he'll add it to the repository, built for each openjdk version 
in each supported major release source repo.  right now its in beta, so 
he's holding off.

-- 
john r pierce, recycling bits in santa cruz