Subject: [Pljava-dev] howto: PL/Java on Postgres 9.5 on Centos 6.5

From: Dan Bikle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 16:35:55 -0700

For my colleagues at work,
I wrote up some notes on how to install PL/Java on Postgres 9.5 on Centos
6.5.

Some of you on this list might find it useful:

http://www.syntax.us/posts/pl_java_postgres_centos

Holler if questions.

- Dan Bikle

bikle101 at gmail
_______________________________________________
Pljava-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev

---

From: Chapman Flack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 20:10:21 -0400

> http://www.syntax.us/posts/pl_java_postgres_centos

Nice writeup, thanks!

Toward the end, you probably want an ALTER DATABASE or ALTER SYSTEM
command to save the setting of pljava.libjvm_location that you made;
otherwise PL/Java won't work in any other session besides the one
where you installed it.

ALTER DATABASE will just save the variable setting for one particular
database, whereas ALTER SYSTEM will have the setting available for
all databases you create.

-Chap