Subject: [Pljava-dev] PL/Java 1.5.1-BETA1 announced; security note.

From: Chapman Flack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 01:22:02 -0400

PL/Java brings functions, triggers, and types in Java. 1.5.1, now in beta,
adds support for PostgreSQL 9.6 and 10 (beta), with a small number of
improvements and fixes.

Project site: http://tada.github.io/pljava/
Release notes: http://tada.github.io/pljava/releasenotes.html

Security note:

One previously-announced security issue is addressed in PL/Java 1.5.1, as
described in the release notes.

Selected changes:

This release introduces support for parallel-safety declarations on
functions in PostgreSQL 9.6. Simple cases work as expected, but PL/Java's
code has not been thoroughly audited to be sure its internal behavior
cannot violate constraints on parallel-restricted or parallel-safe
functions. See the release notes and new user-guide page on parallel query.
This could be a fruitful area for beta testing.

In PostgreSQL 10, trigger transition tables are supported for AFTER
triggers, as described in the release notes.

Please see the release notes for a more complete list of changes.

Availability:

1.5.1-BETA1 is available from GitHub as a source release, which builds
quickly using Maven:

Release page: https://github.com/tada/pljava/releases/tag/V1_5_1b1

This wiki page will add links to prebuilt packages that become available:
https://github.com/tada/pljava/wiki/Prebuilt-packages
_______________________________________________
Pljava-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev

---

From: Chapman Flack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 08:13:41 -0400

On 06/20/17 01:22, Chapman Flack wrote:
> ...
> ...

Some notable changes I forgot to mention are in the release notes, here:

http://tada.github.io/pljava/releasenotes.html#Conveniences_for_downstream_package_maintainers

The changes are intended to help those who maintain PL/Java prebuilt
packages for various distributions tailor the build appropriately
without having to patch the source. One, the -Dpljava.libjvmdefault=
on the mvn command line, allows the package maintainer to build in
a usually-correct default for pljava.libjvm_location when building
for a distribution that has a known, conventional location for Java.

Users of such a package can avoid fussing with pljava.libjvm_location,
and have CREATE EXTENSION pljava; just work.

A whole new section intended for package maintainers has been added
to the build docs.