Subject: [Pljava-dev] ERROR: schema "sqlj" does not exist

From: ambulimama at gmail.com (Nelli Vanan)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:08:27 -0400

Hi there,

This is my first time installing pljava.  I unziped the
"pljava-i686-pc-linux-gnu-pg8.1-1.4.0.tar" to /usr/pljava directory.
I modified
the postgresql.conf file and added the following lines

dynamic_library_path ='$libdir:/usr/pljava'

custom_variable_classes = 'pljava'
pljava.classpath='/usr/pljava/pljava.jar'

And restarted the postgres service.  After that I tried to run the
sample tests given in the wiki.   But, I am getting the following
error message
ERROR:  schema "sqlj" does not exist in the postgres log file.  What is wrong?

Thank you.

---

From: ambulimama at gmail.com (Nelli Vanan)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:52:41 -0400

Hi there,

I tried to install using the deploy.jar and now I am getting the
following error.

java.sql.SQLException: You must be a superuser to deploy/undeploy pl/Java.
        at org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.checkIfConnectedAsSuperuser(Deployer.java:303)
        at org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.main(Deployer.java:257)

I am logged in as root.

---

From: books at ejurka.com (Kris Jurka)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:22:09 -0700

>         at org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.main(Deployer.java:257)

You need to connect to the database as a database superuser.  The shell 
user the deployer is run from is not relevent.

Kris Jurka