Subject: [Pljava-dev] please help - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver

From: rath.swaroop at gmail.com (swaroop)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 23:11:11 +0100

Hi

 I compiled and installed Postgres in Ubuntu Jaunty. I need to develop an
extension to PostgreSQL and this is why I choose to compile from the
sources, rather than using an installer.

I tried to install pljava and followed the steps outlines in "
http://wiki.tada.se/index.php/Installing_on_Linux_(or_other_*nix)" sincerely.
I am sure that I did things correct.

The last step says, run the deployer program. I did that but unfortunately I
get an exception. Please help me here. The exception is below. I tried to
download the jdbc driver at
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc3.jar and added
it to classpath. But this did not help. Please advice.

swaroop at swaroop-laptop:~/Project/pljava$ java -cp deploy.jar
org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer -install
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:319)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:264)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:332)
 at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:186)
 at org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.main(Deployer.java:238)

Regards
Swaroop
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pljava-dev/attachments/20100616/de389cfe/attachment.html>

---

From: books at ejurka.com (Kris Jurka)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:32:01 -0700

On 6/16/2010 3:11 PM, swaroop wrote:
> The last step says, run the deployer program. I did that but
> unfortunately I get an exception. Please help me here. The exception is
> below. I tried to download the jdbc driver at
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc3.jar and
> added it to classpath. But this did not help. Please advice.
>

You need to add it to the classpath here:

java -cp postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc3.jar:deploy.jar 
org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer -install

---

From: rath.swaroop at gmail.com (swaroop)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:17:32 +0100

Thanks a lot Kris. My this problem is solved. The next error I get is below.
Please have a look. I really need this up and running and really
appreciate your help. pljava.so is there in the directory. I think it needs
libjvm.so. Where do I find it ?

swaroop at swaroop-laptop:~/Project/pljava$ java -cp
postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc4.jar:deploy.jar
org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer -install
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not load library
"/home/swaroop/Project/MayBMS/database/lib/postgresql/pljava.so": libjvm.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2062)
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1795)
 at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:257)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:479)
 at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:353)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:345)
 at
org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.initJavaHandlers(Deployer.java:474)
at org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.main(Deployer.java:269)

Regards
Swaroop

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pljava-dev/attachments/20100617/06e557ab/attachment.html>

---

From: syedmmansoor at gmail.com (Syed Muhammad Mansoor)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:33:13 -0400

You need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
export LD_LIBARARY_PATH=<directory that contains libjvm.so>:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
or this one would be more better
*export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386:$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386/client*.

Thanks
--Mansoor
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise Postgres Company
Website: http://www.enterprisedb.com

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 7:17 PM, swaroop <rath.swaroop at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Kris. My this problem is solved. The next error I get is
> below. Please have a look. I really need this up and running and really
> _______________________________________________
> Pljava-dev mailing list
> Pljava-dev at pgfoundry.org
> http://pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pljava-dev/attachments/20100616/7174c678/attachment.html>

---

From: rath.swaroop at gmail.com (swaroop)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:36:34 +0100

I already have that -
swaroop at swaroop-laptop:~/Project/pljava$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/lib/i386:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/lib/i386/client:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/lib/i386/native_threads

Still I have the error :(. I tried copying libjvm.so to
"database/lib/postgresql" but that did not solve the problem either. :( I
copy the stack trace here for reference.

Regards
Swaroop

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Syed Muhammad Mansoor <

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pljava-dev/attachments/20100617/963f394c/attachment.html>

---

From: syedmmansoor at gmail.com (Syed Muhammad Mansoor)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:52:45 -0400

Do you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in the session, in which database server is
running. Database server should see the same LD_LIBRARY_PARH.

Thanks,
--Mansoor
EnterpriseDB Corporation

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pljava-dev/attachments/20100616/7ef177c2/attachment.html>