Subject: [Pljava-dev] PL/JAVA extension Compile Error

From: "er.sumitwadhwa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 17:46:09 -0700 (MST)

We are getting the following Compile error while installing the PL/JAVA
extension on the Postgres DB Any help is appreciated ?

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:3.2.3:nar-compile
(default-nar-compile) on project pljava-so: Execution default-nar-compile of
goal com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:3.2.3:nar-compile failed.
NullPointerException -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
goal com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:3.2.3:nar-compile
(default-nar-compile) on project pljava-so: Execution default-nar-compile of
goal com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:3.2.3:nar-compile failed.
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:212)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:307)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:863)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:288)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:199)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
       at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginExecutionException: Execution
default-nar-compile of goal
com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:3.2.3:nar-compile failed.
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:145)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:207)
        ... 20 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.github.maven_nar.cpptasks.gcc.GppLinker.isClang(GppLinker.java:321)
        at
com.github.maven_nar.cpptasks.gcc.GppLinker.addImpliedArgs(GppLinker.java:163)
        at
com.github.maven_nar.cpptasks.compiler.CommandLineLinker.createConfiguration(CommandLineLinker.java:156)
        at
com.github.maven_nar.cpptasks.compiler.AbstractLinker.createConfiguration(AbstractLinker.java:86)
        at
com.github.maven_nar.cpptasks.ProcessorDef.createConfiguration(ProcessorDef.java:203)
        at
com.github.maven_nar.cpptasks.CCTask.collectExplicitObjectFiles(CCTask.java:438)
        at com.github.maven_nar.cpptasks.CCTask.execute(CCTask.java:585)
        at
com.github.maven_nar.NarCompileMojo.createLibrary(NarCompileMojo.java:448)
        at
com.github.maven_nar.NarCompileMojo.narExecute(NarCompileMojo.java:122)
        at
com.github.maven_nar.AbstractNarMojo.execute(AbstractNarMojo.java:302)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
        ... 21 more

--
View this message in context: http://postgresql.nabble.com/PL-JAVA-extension-Compile-Error-tp5930333.html
Sent from the PL/Java mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Pljava-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev

---

From: Chapman Flack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 21:32:54 -0500

On 11/14/16 19:46, er.sumitwadhwa wrote:
> ...
> ...

Hi,

Could you please describe the version of PostgreSQL, Java, your
operating system, and compilation toolchain?

Thanks,
-Chap

---

From: Sumit Wadhwa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 09:47:53 -0800

Thanks for responding.Here are the details :

Postgresql 9.4

Java

openjdk version "1.8.0_111"

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-b15)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b15, mixed mode)

Oracle linux 6.7 kernel 3.8