Subject: I propose to commit a .editorconfig file for PL/Java

From: Chapman Flack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 01:16:59 -0400

Peter Eisentraut added a .editorconfig in the root of PostgreSQL's
source repository, just last December. [1]

While it can simplify the process for new contributors getting the
right editor settings for the project's formatting conventions, one
immediate benefit should be that GitHub will display our sources
with the intended indentation on the web.

I propose to start with the same rules as in the file he committed, but
without the exception for sgml and xml. (We don't have any sgml files,
and the xml files we have are indented the same as other types.)

Regards,
-Chap

[1]
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=ecb09cd;hp=2032645

---

From: Thomas Hallgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 07:35:14 +0200

I think this sounds like a very good idea.

Best,
Thomas