Subject: [Pljava-dev] proposal: moderate pljava-dev

From: Chapman Flack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 12:15:16 -0400

Thanks to Marc Fournier, pljava-dev is back online.  There isn't
very heavy development traffic at the moment.

In itself, that might not be much of a problem ... there is less
traffic than before 1.5.0 came out, and may mean it is working
reasonably well for most.

On the other hand, with so little real traffic, the occasional spam
blowing through gives the impression of tumbleweeds - the archives
look more like spam than content lately, which isn't ideal.

I've asked Marc whether moderation is a feature that can be turned on.
Given the low volume of traffic, I would be happy to moderate. I should
probably not be the only one able to pass messages though, to make
sure they're not held up if something happens to me.

Any objections?

-Chap
_______________________________________________
Pljava-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev

---

From: Darsstar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 09:34:42 +0200

> sure they're not held up if something happens to me.

Sounds good to me! So no, I do not have any objections.
_______________________________________________
Pljava-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 07:44:48 +0000

I am only a listener on this news group

Please do anything to get rid of spam

30 May 2016 08:35, "Darsstar"  wrote:
2016-05-29 18:15 GMT+02:00 Chapman Flack :

Any objections?

-Chap
_______________________________________________
Pljava-dev mailing list
[email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev (http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev)
Sounds good to me! So no, I do not have any objections.
_______________________________________________
Pljava-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev

---

From: Tim Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 21:02:41 +0100

> Please do anything to get rid of spam

You are not the only one ;)

Tim Clarke

---

From: David Lee Lambert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 08:10:00 -0400

If there's someone who can reliably moderate with a quick turnaround time,
I don't object to that.

Speaking of the archives, is it possible to clean indisputably off-topic
material out of those as well?

---

From: John R Pierce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 01:45:32 -0700

> sure they're not held up if something happens to me.

Mailman certainly supports moderation, just go to the general admin page 
for the list, and set the 'Emergency Moderation for all list traffic' 
option to "Yes", and Submit ... 
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/admin/Pljava-dev

I'll volunteer to help out as a co-moderator...  I've run email lists 20 
years now, and I am online a lot, although I do take a few 3-5 day 
offgrid trips a year (amateur astronomy, music festivals)...

this list is low enough volume, we could co-moderate it on a 'first come 
first served' basis, which I think is simpler than trying to schedule 
blocks of time to each moderator, too messy. If someone has already gone 
through the moderation queue, then it will show up empty.  ideally 
someone checks it at least once a day.

-- 
john r pierce, recycling bits in santa cruz