Subject: [Pljava-dev] postgres 9.6 and pljava?

From: John R Pierce <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 11:23:53 -0700

trying to build pljava 1.5.0 from the tarball on centos 6 w/ postgresql 
9.6.2 from the pgdg RPM/Yum repository and getting some cryptic errors.

is postgres 9.6 supported ?

here's the errors I'm getting...  I clipped off all the top as its 
pretty verbose...

command line:   mvn -Pwnosign -Dnar.cores=1 clean install

[INFO]
Starting Core 0 with 51 source files...
[ERROR] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Portal.c: 
In function ‘Java_org_postgresql_pljava_internal_Portal__1isPosOverflow’:
[ERROR] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/Portal.c:338: 
error: ‘struct PortalData’ has no member named ‘posOverflow’
[ERROR] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/SubXactListener.c: 
In function ‘subXactCB’:
[WARNING] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/SubXactListener.c:26: 
warning: enumeration value ‘SUBXACT_EVENT_PRE_COMMIT_SUB’ not handled in 
switch
[ERROR] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/TupleDesc.c: 
In function ‘Java_org_postgresql_pljava_internal_TupleDesc__1formTuple’:
[WARNING] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/TupleDesc.c:239: 
warning: implicit declaration of function ‘heap_formtuple’
[WARNING] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/TupleDesc.c:239: 
warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
[ERROR] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/XactListener.c: 
In function ‘xactCB’:
[WARNING] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/XactListener.c:25: 
warning: enumeration value ‘XACT_EVENT_PARALLEL_COMMIT’ not handled in 
switch
[WARNING] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/XactListener.c:25: 
warning: enumeration value ‘XACT_EVENT_PARALLEL_ABORT’ not handled in switch
[WARNING] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/XactListener.c:25: 
warning: enumeration value ‘XACT_EVENT_PRE_COMMIT’ not handled in switch
[WARNING] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/XactListener.c:25: 
warning: enumeration value ‘XACT_EVENT_PARALLEL_PRE_COMMIT’ not handled 
in switch
[WARNING] 
/var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/XactListener.c:25: 
warning: enumeration value ‘XACT_EVENT_PRE_PREPARE’ not handled in switch
[INFO] 51 files were compiled.
[INFO] 51 files were compiled.
[INFO] 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] PostgreSQL PL/Java ................................. SUCCESS [  
0.792 s]
[INFO] PL/Java API ........................................ SUCCESS [  
1.808 s]
[INFO] PL/Java backend Java code .......................... SUCCESS [  
1.460 s]
[INFO] PL/Java backend native code ........................ FAILURE [ 
10.157 s]
[INFO] PL/Java Deploy ..................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] PL/Java Ant tasks .................................. SKIPPED
[INFO] PL/Java examples ................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] PL/Java packaging .................................. SKIPPED
[INFO] 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[......

-- 
john r pierce, recycling bits in santa cruz

_______________________________________________
Pljava-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pljava-dev

---

From: Chapman Flack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 15:05:44 -0400

Hi John,

You should be able to build for 9.6 by checking out the
REL1_5_STABLE branch.  There's an outstanding issue involving
pg_upgrade that I still have to look at, but if you don't run
into that you should be ok.

I had hoped to have a 1.5.1 beta announced and then a 1.5.1
released by now, it's just been small weird things in the way.
pgFoundry was down for rebuilding for the longest time and I
couldn't get to the pljava-dev admin page, though it did seem
to be delivering to existing subscribers, and it does seem to
be back up now. There's been an rpm building issue for 1.5.0
that Devrim ultimately handled with a workaround, but I'd like
to have that not be necessary in 1.5.1. Nothing else standing
in the way that I know of, so I'm hoping to tag and announce
a 1.5.1 beta Real Soon Now.

-Chap

On 04/20/2017 02:23 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> /var/lib/pgsql/pljava/pljava-1_5_0/pljava-so/src/main/c/type/TupleDesc.c: In
> function ‘Java_org_postgresql_pljava_internal_TupleDesc__1formTuple’:
> [WARNING]

---

From: John R Pierce <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 13:32:10 -0700

> into that you should be ok.

ok, thanks, that worked (at least, its compiled and installed... I'm 
leaving it up to the app developer to do the final testing)

---

From: John R Pierce <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 00:59:25 -0700

> leaving it up to the app developer to do the final testing)

and indeed, our pljava app is working fine, on a centos 6.x platform 
with postgres 9.6 and openjdk 1.8, using the pljava stable I fetched 
from git on the 20th and built.     this app uses oracle jdbc to connect 
to a remote oracle database and move select data to the local 
postgres...   it was originally written in oracle pljava to move from 
oracle to oracle but was ported to postgres pljava with no major code 
changes.

so, chalk that up as a beta test, suggesting its in good shape to 
unleash 1.5.1 :)