Subject: Psycopg 2.8.1, 2.8.2 released

From: Daniele Varrazzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 18:42:26 +0100

Hello,

We have just released Psycopg 2.8.2; a few days ago Psycopg 2.8.1 was released.

Some of the bugs addressed are ordinary teething problem with the 2.8
release, but an important change landed with 2.8.2: binary packages
now ship with OpenSSL 1.1 instead of 1.0. This should fix concurrency
problems on connection experienced both on Windows and Linux. Many
thanks to Matthew Brett and Jason Erickson for this improvement!

The combined list of changes is:

- Fixed "there's no async cursor" error polling a connection with no cursor
  (ticket #887).
- Fixed 'RealDictCursor' when there are repeated columns (ticket #884).
- Fixed 'RealDictRow' modifiability (ticket #886).
- Binary packages built with openssl 1.1.1b. Should fix concurrency problems
  (tickets #543, #836).

Happy hacking!

----

Psycopg is the most popular PostgreSQL adapter for the Python
programming language. At its core it fully implements the Python DB
API 2.0 specifications. Several extensions allow access to many of the
features offered by PostgreSQL.

---

From: Karsten Hilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 19:52:37 +0200

> We have just released Psycopg 2.8.2; a few days ago Psycopg 2.8.1 was released.

Many thanks.

> - Fixed 'RealDictCursor' when there are repeated columns (ticket #884).

How ?

I ask because (to me) there's no immediately obvious solution
to that.

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B

---

From: Rich Shepard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 10:58:40 -0700 (PDT)

> We have just released Psycopg 2.8.2; a few days ago Psycopg 2.8.1 was

Daniele,

2.8.2 is not yet available on the web site, only 2.8.1. I'll try later
today.

Regards,

Rich

---

From: Rich Shepard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 11:04:47 -0700 (PDT)

> 2.8.2 is not yet available on the web site, only 2.8.1. I'll try later

Later has arrived. :-)

Thanks!

Rich

---

From: Daniele Varrazzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 19:19:28 +0100

> > - Fixed 'RealDictCursor' when there are repeated columns (ticket #884).

The problem was only that the result of 'select 1 as a, 2 as a' would
have been an object in an inconsistent state (bug introduced in 2.8.1
to fix the other, #886, which was caused by actually calling the
superclass constructor right) . Now the state is consistent... it's
arbitrary but hey. Can't fix the users, only the cursor.

-- Daniele

---

From: Karsten Hilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 20:39:49 +0200

> Now the state is consistent... it's

Ah, OK, I see :-)

Karsten