Subject: Async notifications in psycopg3

From: Daniele Varrazzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 01:22:15 +1200

Hello,

I have introduced async notifications handling for psycopg3. At the
moment it comes in the form of a generator (eventually async - in
asyncio sense) so that they can be used as simply as:

    for notify in conn.notifies():
        # ... process

but notifies may be also received during the normal query processing,
for which a possible way to receive them can is a callback.

I am not entirely convinced about the design so I'd be happy to
receive some feedback by anyone who has ideas about how they would use
the features. There is a more complete description and references in
<https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg3/issues/5>: happy to have a
conversation either here or on the github ticket.

Cheers,

-- Daniele

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 09:47:44 -0700

> conversation either here or on the github ticket.

When I get a chance I will take a look.

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]